Friday, April 16, 2010

Really Getting Published

In my last post I mentioned I am getting an article published in the Ultimate Runner, published by HCI Books.  It is due out in May sometime.  I am pretty geeked about this and can see I really need to beef up this blog.  I was notified that I should prepare myself for an interview and podcast, all publicity for the whole work but I am a part of this too.  It was also suggested that I include a blog site.  PANIC...so I am developing a plan for this blog on running and self-healing.  I am also going to shoot for 4 entries a week with a patterned type of theme to it.  Gotta love goal setting!   So what have I been up to:


I recently took a boating trip to Tortola.  Nice picture of the crew below.  Myself, my nephew Don, our good buddy Paul and Captain Jim.  Don and Paul are my dive buddies and Jim in my SO. Tortola is a very nice place with great diving and sailing.  It is however not a great place to go running, being a woman alone and an early morning runner.  So I took a bit of a break in my training.  I think I need to do that once in a while even though I miss it and get stoved up and ornery.  10 days was just too damn long to go without running.  I returned back to St Maarten refreshed and ready to run.  So I am back at it.  20 miles a week minimum, yoga stretches and healthy eating choices.

 

I traded running for 5 very nice dives and a overnight trip to the island of St John where I visited my daughters boyfriends family.  St John is beautiful and I enjoyed the immense amount of National Park there.  The beaches are amazing.  No tiki bars and hairbraiders here! We also were the "mother ship" to a sailing vessel from St Maarten for the BVI Sprig Regatta.  I was leery at first mainly because these sailors are quite the drinkers.  I tend to steer myself away from these situations where I am surrounded by drunkeness....self-preservation I guess.  But it turned out quite ok.  I learned alot about sailing and how to deal with alcohol in my face for days in a row.  Not easy but I did it.  Witnessing drunks followed by the hangovers every morning is a good reminder of what I dont miss!!!

1 comment:

Ax said...

But that floaty, queasy hangover feeling so fun! Especially in the heat! :p