Friday, April 23, 2010

Runners Diet

As a runner I find all the diet advice very confusing to say the least.  There are enough books, research articles and blogs on this topic it makes my head spin.  Carb loading, for example, seems very popular yet I crash and burn with that practice. When I get off on some tangent I come back to my reality with this thought.  "Return to what you know."  I utilize this thought often when I get sided tracked.  So what do I know?  I know that I don't function well with too many simple carbohydrate.  I need protein.  Sugar and foods containing yeast don't  agree with my body.  I have blood work that confirm this, but that is me.  Every individual is different.  So rather than jump on some new runners diet bandwagon I suggest finding out what works and stick wit it.  I found this article on protein and runners very interesting and insightful. 
 http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-300--12554-1-1-2,00.html#

No comments: