Monday, April 20, 2009

Why I wanted to blog

When I first had the idea of blogging it was during my last few days at an alcohol treatment center. I thought I had a few ideas to share with other folks who may be suffering from abusing alcohol/drugs etc. While my thoughts were in the right place back then I lacked the motivation and confidence to follow through. Three years and twentythree days later (but whos counting) I decided it was finally time. Writing the blog on recovering from alcohol abuse had becme a monster for me. Again there was this fear of sitting at the computer screen and just staring at it and nothing coming to mind and just freezing....like taking a test and freezing up or standing up in front of a group of people and not knowing what to say....that kind of thing. So I asked myself what is the worst that can happen? Is anyone ever going to read this anyway. There is alot of crap written out there too so why not. So after I thought about it the 2x4 hit me upside the head. Nothing bad or scary is going to come out of it. It is just the irrational fear that I'll suck, get stuck, not know what to say etc...SO WHAT!! I will just type and express myself and see what comes of it. Nothing scary, just self-expression. And if nothing else comes from this I will at least be helping myself get over another monster. My ultimate goal would be to help even just one other person. That would be great. Later, Dana

No comments: