Monday, March 8, 2010

The Island Funk

Spent the last 2 days afflicted with what I call the island funk. Don't know if it is the water, food, heat, sun or what but I get this malaise every so often here.  Maybe I push it too hard and need to heed my own advice which is "Listen to your body."  When it says go, then go and when it says take it easy, take it easy. So I took it easy....like a day or two and let it pass and emerge renewed and ready to run, dive, take on projects...you name it.  Today we are painting the kitchen after a little remodel job.  Suppose I will have to cook more now!   

It is my birthday week.  Time for reflecting on last year and ahead to this coming year...more like New Years then the actual one in January.  I hope to go diving with friends on my birthday or there abouts and celebrate with healthy things and activities rather than what I used to do which was party like a rock star. "To my health and general well-being!!"    

No comments: